Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Big Brother-Big Sister

I take care of my friend Emily's little guys (Charlie and Henry) on Fridays while she is working. Ella is 1 year/2 weeks older than Charlie and Henry is 2 weeks older than Adeline. Ella and Charlie are really good friends and SUPER PROUD older siblings. Henry and Adeline are becoming good buds, too. Fridays are fun. Ella and Charlie will even let me play with them (sometimes!!!). Charlie loves it when I sing the "Clean Up Song". The babies think I'm funny :) Ella is the only one who doesn't take naps, so when/if I get the other 3 sleeping at the same time, we get to have our own special time. Snuggling, playing Hello Kitty BINGO, reading books or whatever Ella chooses (that won't wake anyone up). Ella has fun with me, but asks frequently "Do you think Charlie is done sleeping now?" Charlie usually wakes up about an hour before Emily gets to the house, so the big kids get to play and have a snack before she arrives. She feeds Henry while we chat about our day and then they are on their way home. We get together about 2-3 times a week. They are great friends and we feel so blessed to have them in our lives.

No comments: